Great Officiants

Fun and Romantic Weddings
Close this search box.

Marriage license disclosure

full disclosure

Before you get your license from us you will need to read and sign the disclosure form. California has two types of marriage licenses available: Public and Confidential.

Marriage License Disclosure Form Attachment A

When you obtain your marriage license from us you will be required to sign this disclosure form when we Issue you the license.

California has two types of marriage licenses available: Public and Confidential.

• You need at least one witness during your ceremony; and
• The Marriage Record is recorded and made available to the public.

CONFIDENTAL: (this is the type of license you are being issued today by the notary)
• You must state you are living together as a couple.
• No witnesses are required to sign the license.
• The Marriage license is recorded but is confidential and may only be obtained by the Couple.

By Signing below, you are stating that:
You the undersigned declare that you are unmarried, not minors, and have been living together as a couple. You affirm that the information provided for the marriage license is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief that no legal objection to the marriage or the issuance of a license is known to you and are applying for a License and Certificate of Confidential Marriage. You further attest that you understand the requirements for a confidential marriage license and that you are eligible to obtain a Confidential Marriage License.

You have chosen to purchase the Confidential Marriage License from this Notary Public today. By your signatures below you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the marriage license application and hold the Notary harmless for any and all mistakes made on the document.

You understand that by purchasing this type of license, only the two of you are able to purchase certified copies of your marriage license.

Certified copies are $17.00 ea. Checks are made payable to RRCC (Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk).

You may purchase certified copies:
1. By Mail: Submitting the “Application for Marriage Record” and the “Notarized Statement of Identity” along with the license when the license returned to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (provided to you today).
The County can take up to 8 Weeks to Process the Marriage License and Mail it to you.

2. In Person: You may purchase copies in person at any Los Angeles Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Office 6 weeks after your ceremony.
The Name Equality Act of 2007 allows you to choose and list on the marriage license the name that each party will go by after marriage. Parties are not required to have the same name, nor are they required to change their name. If one or both of the parties want to have their new name(s) shown on the marriage license, the new name must be entered on the marriage license application. We cannot advise you how to complete the marriage license application as it relates to your entry of a new name. For your protection, if you have any questions regarding whether you should or should not list your new name on the marriage license application, and/or how the Name Equality Act of 2007 may affect you, please consult an attorney. It is unlawful for our notary’s to answer questions of a legal nature on this or any other matter.

Scroll to Top